Featured Reports from Various Sources
- Pandemic Aid Lifts Federal Share of State Budgets to New Highs
- Understanding Patterns in U.S. Regional Economic Growth
- How an aging population poses challenges for U.S. economy, workforce and social programs
Adapting incentives in the era of remote work
Where are the missing workers?
How Volatile Is Your State's Tax Revenue?
- States Build Their Reserves Amid Growing Uncertainties
- The State of the Nation’s Nursing Shortage
- How much do states spend on prisons?
- Americans are becoming less productive, and that's a risk to the economy
- Understanding America’s Labor Shortage
- LEAST AFFORDABLE STATES
- Explainer: What Drives Gasoline Prices?
- Rural's Rise:
Shifting Trends in Rural and Urban Job Postings
- The Big Debate Around Statehouses: What to Do With Budget Surpluses
- Demographics, COVID-19 Leave Construction with Tight Labor Supply
- The Future Of Work In 2022 And Beyond
- COUNTY LEVERS TO DRIVE ECONOMIC MOBILITY - LOCAL SOLUTIONS AND STRATEGIES
- Community Colleges as Professional Development Hubs for Gig Workers
- Early evidence of missing births from the COVID-19 baby bust
- The Government Job Application Drop-off is 'Snowballing'
- The 'Great Resignation' is altering the workforce dynamic � maybe for good
- Emerging Trends in Real Estate Impacting Cities and States
- The Future Is�Remote?
- Revitalized rural towns get extra boost from remote workers
- Expansion of Remote Work Increases Competition Between Public, Private Sector
- How Governments Can Help Elevate the Local Workforce Post-Pandemic
- Not All Jobs Are Coming Back Post Covid: How States Can Help Retrain Workers
- Remote working: why some people are less productive at home than others � new research
- Pandemic Drives Historic State Tax Revenue Drop
- How States Can Direct Economic Development to Places and People in Need -
Strategies to strengthen place-based programs, better support distressed areas
- Who Gives and Who Gets? - Explore the Balance of Payments between States and the Federal Government
- Building Resilient Rural Places: Strategies From Local Leaders to Strengthen Rural Assets, Diversity, and Dynamism
- State Tax Incentives Face Increased Scrutiny Amid COVID-19
- Working from home: How COVID-19 could cause a new digital divide
- The ABCs of the Post-COVID Economic Recovery
- Economic Recovery and Business Dynamism in Rural America
Top 5 Smart Incentives stories of 2019
Rainy Day Funds in 2019: Are States Ready for the Next Recession?
How Cities Can Make the 2020 Census a Success
�Lost Decade� Casts a Post-Recession Shadow on State Finances
- Census is Hiring 500,000 Part-Time and Temporary Workers for 2020 Census
- Redefining Rural America
- Will Your Job Still Exist In 2030?
- Automation and the Rocky Mountain Workforce
Robots 'to replace up to 20 million factory jobs' by 2030
Most out-of-work young adults face bleak job prospects
Nine States Where Tax Revenues Have Been Slow to Recover Since the Great Recession
It�s Time for States to Invest in Infrastructure
Researchers question automation incentives
'Good Jobs� in Rural America Are Changing, So Learning Must Change Too
State and Local Lawmakers Pitch How to Pay for a Big Infrastructure Package
UNDERSTANDING YOUR COMMUNITY:LABOR MARKET AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM DATA TOOLKIT
Rural Hospitals in Greater Jeopardy in Non-Medicaid Expansion States
How Counties Can Use Evidence-Based Policymaking to Achieve Better Outcomes
The Future of Work - Why Better Education Doesn�t Necessarily Translate into Better Work
3 Nontraditional Ways to Get a Bachelor's Degree
State Revenue Volatility and Optimal Reserve Size Are Directly Linked
Investing in America's Workforce: Improving Outcomes for Workers and Employers
Are Sin Taxes Healthy for State Budgets?
Why Aren�t U.S. Workers Working?
Counting Everyone Once, Only Once and in the Right Place
Wages Are Higher in Urban Areas, But Growing Faster in Rural Ones
Americans Want to Believe Jobs Are the Solution to Poverty. They�re Not.
States See Energy Boom Along With Economic Expansion
Oil�s New Technology Spells End of Boom for Roughnecks